Saturday, December 28, 2013

Becoming a vampire.....

So, I just finished my blood transfusions. I had two units. Just after the transfusion finished I decided it was life or death that I get up to pee.... Right when my door opened for blood labs to be drawn.... Now, I can either tell the kid "hold on, I have to use the restroom" but, I decided the cute little 12 year old blood tech guy didn't need to be sitting on my bed 2 feet away while I roll me and my cart into the bathroom and release what had to have been 47 gallons of pee (and likely a few farts from the sheer "ahhhhhhh" of release). So I waited. Anyway.... Blood labs done, there may or may not have been a bit of flatulence, I'll never tell. But, what I noticed was my legs felt strong! I was no longer "drunk ET" trying to make way to the bathroom, I saw my destination and made it there without bumping into any obstacles along the way! I walked to the sink in my room and stood there washing my hands without wobbling and made it back to bed without huffing and puffing. Woohoo.,... I'm like Bella - I like blood!!! I think I'll add it to my weekly regime, I'll take a nuepagen shot, an IV bag for dehydration.... Oh, and throw in a unit of O neg for me! That'd be great! 

2 comments:

  1. Jeanne Im O neg, Its been awhile since Ive donated blood. Can I donate blood that would directly help you? Is so where can I go, or do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also Ive donated platelets in the past, so let me know if I can help you..

    ReplyDelete